With a simple spice rub and a few delicious toppings, these chicken tacos are a tasty and an easy go-to weeknight meal.
Ingredients for Tacos
- 16 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup of Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup of Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Cups of Corn
- 1 Table Spoon of Mayonnaise
- 2 Limes Sliced in Wedges
- 2 Jalapenos Chopped in Wedges
- Half a Cup of Queso Cotija
- 2 Small Avocados Chopped in Small Cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of Melted Butter
Ingredients for Chicken Marinade
- 2 lbs of Chicken Breast
- 2 Limes
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Peppercorn
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, add the cumin, salt, garlic, peppercorn, paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic olive oil. Then squeeze your limes into the spices and whisk together.
- Add the chicken breast to your marinade and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard any excess marinade.
- Heat a heavy duty grill pan to high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-high and add the oil to the pan. Make sure the entire pan is coated with oil.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- On another skillet, heat two tablespoons of oil. Proceed to add the corn, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- On a medium bowl add the melted butter and mayonnaise. Once your corn is ready add the corn to the bowl and toss for a minute or two.
- Remove Chicken from the pan and set aside for three minutes.
- Proceed to cutting the chicken breast into small pieces that are about half an inch in size.
- Warm up your tortillas and proceed to assemble your tacos. Place the chicken on the tortilla, add a spoon of roasted corn, garnish with fresh onion, cilantro, avocado, queso cotija and raw jalapenos. Serve with a side of lime wedges.